Monday, November 1, 2010

DAK is on the move in Egypt!!! mkl


These are tanks for the 21st Panzer Division 5th Panzer Regiment. There are 5 Panzer III with one M, 2 J lates, and 2 G models. There are also 2 Sd Kfz 222 and 1 Sd Kfz 231 (8-rad) armoured cars. I followed the GW paint guide in the Afrika book and then did an Ogryn wash with bit more Kommando Khaki dry brush. The numbers and symbols are all brushed so I take full credit for the ones which look good and of course the ones which look bad. The numbering is not all form the same unit is on purrpose. I am trying to do a force from the time period of the First Battle of El Alamein. By this time the armour in the DAK was depleted. I wanted to show that this unit was made from several depleted units. My infantry force has a bit of armour support. The armoured cars I love and will create a Panzerspah company in the future. For now they are the eyes of the schutzen company from the 104th Schutzen Regiment 2nd Schutzen Battalion.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the spelling errors. So, "The numbering is not all form the same unit is on purrpose." should be "The numbering is not all FROM the same unit AND is on PURPOSE." I will need to take a course in english when i get back to the states!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. m,

    Very nice! Looking forward to seeing more WWII

    ReplyDelete

Comments