Friday, October 2, 2020

Painting HeroForge Minis Review: Premium Plastic v. Plastic -DS

HeroForge Premium Plastic in the center, regular plastic on the sides.

 

I have shown these miniatures to friends and, when painted, they could not tell which one was the premium and which ones were the regular plastic. The detail on the premium minis is just a bit crisper.  You can see a little bit of the layering on the gorget of the halberdier, but I am quite happy with the regular plastic detail.  The regular material figures come pre primed, and the premium are a black material. I do not actually prime my figures, so painting them was a bit different as paint flows differently over a bare figure.  The quality of the premium plastic is better, but it is also $10 more.  Purchasers will have to decide if it's worth it.  For me:  I'm probably only going to rarely order the premium.  The regular is quite good, and I can get good detail with them.

HeroForge has had several updates since I ordered these figures. One I find most handy is the "mm scale ruler."  When I ordered the above figures, I had to guess at their height as it was a slider bar. They are a little bit bigger than the scale I like(true 28), but not so much as to be too noticeable on the battle field. HeroForge's measuring screen that tells me the height now so I don't have to guess.

HeroForge's continued updates of items, clothes, races, etc & etc, make it fun to go back and see what's new.  The latest big update was ability to colorize and order color miniatures!  Since I can paint, I will never do that @$44.99, but the tool can be used as a color guide for the minis you order.  I think it's great for those who want that service and do not have the time or inclination to do it themselves.

HeroForge's color tool in action!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments